Who we are
Foundation 1901 is a not-for-profit, public company. Our website address is: https://wangwebdesign-testsite.com.
Email: [email protected] PO Box 15, Glenrowan Vic 3675.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google to help improve the efficiency and usability of this website.
Google uses this information to evaluate your use of our website, compile reports on website activity and provide other website and internet usage services. Google may transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where they process information on Google’s behalf.
Who we share your data with
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. You can also unsusubscribe from our email updates, by selecting the unsuscribe option on the email, or by using the contact form on the contact page to contact us and ask us to unsubscribe you.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
How we protect your data
We use SSL (Secure Sockets Layer), a data file that adds a cryptographic key to data transfer between the web browser and the server through encryption and authentication. The end result is an encrypted connection that gives users confidence in the integrity of the certified website.
Industry regulatory disclosure requirements
We collect information about you during the checkout process on our store.
What we collect and store
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our shop
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them.
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for five years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, Administrators can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
- Our team members have access to this information to help fulfil orders, process refunds and support you.
What we share with others
We share information with third parties who help us provide our orders and store services to you; for example —
We accept payments through PayPal. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayPal, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information. In using Paypal Sites you consent to the personal data they collect being transferred to other countries, including countries that have different data protection rules than Australia.
We also accept payments using credit cards through Stripe. Stripe may transfer personal data that they maintain about you to recipients in countries other than Australia including to the United States.
We collect information about you during the donation process on our website. This information may include, but is not limited to, your name, address, phone number, and any other details that might be requested from you for the purpose of processing your donations. (Donation payments are made using Paypal and Stripe.)
Handling this data allows us to:
- Send you important account/donation/service information.
- Respond to your queries, refund requests or complaints.
- Process payments and prevent fraudulent transactions. We do this on the basis of our legitimate organizational interests.
- Set up and administer your account, provide technical and donor support, and to verify your identity.
Additionally, we may also collect the following information:
- Your donor comments if you choose to leave them on our website.
- Cookies which are essential to keep track of your donation history whilst your session is active. This allows you to access your donation receipt without being a registered, logged in user.
- Account email/password to allow access to your account, if you have one.
- If you choose to create an account with us, your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the donation form for future donations.
If you sign up for updates
If you think your data has been inappropriately used by our website or breached the Australian Privacy Principles, please contact us using the contact form on the contact page and we will send you an email acknowledging your complaint and telling you how we plan to deal with it. If the complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction, you are entitled to lodge a complaint with the Federal Privacy Commissioner.